Up Knit Creek



Saturday, March 12, 2005

Starting out

I've never done anything quite like this before so please bear with me as I get used to what I'm doing. So far it has all been straightforward, even putting in the pictures of Mollie the Magnificent! I just need to find a photo of me that won't scare anyone.
Anyway, this is supposed to be about knitting, so I'll just let you know what;s going on at the moment. I have broken all my rules about only having one project on the go at any one time, and am currently working on three things at present:
  • a wrap-over cardigan for Lucy (elder daughter) knitted with Jaeger's luxury tweed - a lovely blend of merino lambswool and alpaca. It's almost finished - just knitting the 98" long belt/tie. I knitted about 5 feet whilst watching Comic Relief last night.
  • a chunky aran-style chair cover. The wool for this came from elann.com because it worked out loads cheaper (even paying customs charges etc) than buying the wool in the UK - how weird is that? I saved about £30-40 by buying yarn from a place 3,000 miles away!!
  • a version of Clapotis from Knitty.com using some 4-ply 100% wool that was really cheap (£2.50 for 500gm) which I dyed myself using food colouring. I had never dyed yarn before and was really pleased with the result.

When I've worked out exactly how this blogging thing works, I will post some photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home