Up Knit Creek



Thursday, July 20, 2006

No news

is good news or so they say. In this instance it just means that I haven't got much to say.
I have finished a crochet bag, but in true dim-witted Up Knit Creek fashion I completely forgot to take a photo of it before I gave it to its new owner. The new owner is the same friend whose daughter I knitted the shruggy bolero thingy for recently and she has been having a bit of a rough time lately so I wanted to cheer her up a bit. The bag was the Big Bottomed bag (I think that's what it's called - my memory is terrible) from The Happy Hooker and was very easy to make once I'd understood what a "herringbone half double crochet" is.

I sent off my present for the Angel Yarns forum Secret Summer Santa on Tuesday and am very pleased to report that my spoilee, Miss Naomi (no link, I don't think she has a blog), has declared herself very happy with her gifts. That's a huge relief because I really enjoyed choosing what to get (and making some of it) and would have been very disappointed if it had not been to her liking. I've never taken part in any of these Secret Pal type things before, maybe because it's a bit too much commitment, but this one was just right. One gift (about £20 in value) and no messing about with secret e-mail addresses and all that mullarkey - a quick fix, that's all I need!

This week at work has been very trying, mainly because of the weather. The temperature round here has been up to 36 degrees celsius ( about 90-something fahrenheit) which is quite unusual, even in high summer. That in itself is not a problem and if I were able to be beside a pool with a cool drink and a hot book, I would have no complaints at all. The problem is that I spend most of the day in my car, which does not have air-con, driving round crowded streets at 20 mph before going into the houses of elderly people who insist on keeping their windows closed to avoid draughts. Add in the fact that this year I have decided to grow my *fiendishly thick* hair long (but not yet long enough to tie back off my face and neck) and by the end of the day I feel as though I have melted into a puddle of ectoplasm on the car seat. Still, I'd be moaning if it was raining.

3 Comments:

  • I think that a quick scan of the world wide blogs is enough evidence of the reality of global warming! We finally got a break yesterday in the Northeast U.S. and I couldn't be happier. I don't do so well in the sticky weather. Hang in!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 10:40 pm  

  • Yup, we'd all be moaning if it was cloudy/rainy/cool etc. I love the bag in the previous post.

    By Blogger noblinknits, at 10:13 am  

  • Could you use a hair stick and put your hair up ala Widow Twanky style?

    By Blogger Fred, at 12:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home