Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Still drying

I was hoping to have a FO to display today but it's not dry yet. The item in question is a felted bag ( a girl can never have too many bags) from Pursenality Plus (it's the pink one on the top row) but it is so thick (which is good) that it's taking ages to dry (which is bad). It has been hanging up for the best part of two days and has been subjected to a very hot iron and a turn in the tumble dryer but is still not completely dry. I'm just itching to get the handles put on and sew in the pocket and the trims and start flaunting it about but my patience is beginning to wear thin. If it's not dry tomorrow I might have to construct a bonfire in the garden and support the bag over it on a spit! (Take that, you unco-operative bag!)
I have used Twilley's Freedom wool in a mottled turquoise instead of the Cascade 220 called for because the Twilley's is easier to get and I know from past experience how well it felts. The drawback is that the range of colours is nowhere near as good as the Cascade and I have to turn my brain to mush do sums to work out how much I need - as it turned out in this particular case, I didn't do the sums very accurately and had to buy an extra ball of black for the trim.

The woolly-headed loonies lovely members of Angel Yarns forums have set up a Secret Summer Santa recently, a kind of Secret Pal exchange only a bit simpler. We each have to send our "spoilee" a gift to the value of £20, knitting-related, and with a clue to our identity. It is proving to be quite tricky, as not everyone has a blog so it's not easy to get clues about likes and dislikes from a few short posts on the forum. I have made my purchase(s) now but there are a few other item(s) that need to be gathered together to complete the parcel (I'm being deliberately vague in case my spoilee chances upon these humble ramblings). The trickiest bit is the clue - what on earth can I give as a clue that won't be either screamingly obvious or so convoluted as to be unsolvable? I'm stumped, I tell ya, stumped!

4 Comments:

  • I have been known to hang felted items in front of a fan for days on end to get it to dry. (and just taken them out on the town in a damp state since I just couldn't wait any longer...) You seem to be cranking out the projects lately! I need to get on the ball, here!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 11:13 pm  

  • I think the wait will be well worth it. Although I did wear a damp felted hat once.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 am  

  • I've used a hairdryer before now when I've been feeling particularly impatient!

    I've managed to get my pressies and my clue sorted for the secret santa, but I'm a bit concerned the clue maybe too obscure. Still, it all adds to the fun ;)

    By Blogger Badger, at 10:26 pm  

  • Lovely bag!!! No idea what you mean about loonies on AY...they are all in receipt of certificates...or was that certified?????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home