Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Flowers

These arrived this morning:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

from my mum and dad, because I haven't been very well. At about 1.00am Monday morning I woke up with what I thought was severe indigestion. This has happened before so I wandered off to find some ranitidine which usually does the trick. It didn't. I took some more and by 4.00am I was still in agony but with no more pills to take. At 8.30am OH phoned the doctor and I was seen at 9.20. The doctor prescribed some more pills and some very yucky medicine which I took straight away and promptly threw up. I took some more and it stayed down this time so I went back to bed. About 3.30pm Lucy came up to see if I was OK and I wasn't, the pain had hardly diminished at all so she phoned the doctor who told her to get me to hospital. OH came home from work and took me to A & E where I was attended to by a doctor who looked young enough to be my grandson (well, maybe not grandson, but he was very young). Two blood tests, one urine test and much poking and prodding later, it turns out that I have probably got gallstones (which had already been diagnosed by Dr Lucy after her research on the internet!). I was sent home with painkillers and strict instructions to go straight back if it got worse and am now awaiting an ultrasound scan to confirm the diagnosis. I am told that most people who have gallstones just get one painful episode and then aren't troubled again, but I have had similar attacks before which were diagnosed as acid indigestion or a possible ulcer. Whatever the outcome, I DO NOT want to have pain like that again. Ever.

P.S. the sunrise circle jacket has been temporarily usurped by the secret urgent project - more details later.

5 Comments:

  • Beautiful flowers.

    Sorry to hear of you being in such pain - must have been scary. I hope the quacks sort it out soon for you.

    Take care {{{hugs}}}

    By Blogger Peri, at 1:05 pm  

  • Holey Moley!! That sounds awful. (not to mention a bit on the scary side) Rest up and enjoy the flowers. As bad as it was, I'm glad to hear that it was treatable.

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 10:39 pm  

  • Sounds awful - hope you feel better soon. Beautiful flowers - what a lovely thought!

    By Blogger Steph, at 7:20 am  

  • Hope you feel better soon. But just to let you know that many people have more than one attack and ultimately have their gallbladder removed (cholecystectomy).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 am  

  • Yes I am planning to go to the Big Knit-in - are you going?

    By Blogger Peri, at 10:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home