Up Knit Creek



Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Wiki meme

I saw this over at Spitting Yarn and thought it was fun.
You have to look up your date of birth (day & month only) on Wikipedia and list three interesting facts, two births and one death, complete with the year.

1869: The clipper Cutty Sark was launched, and still survives today.

1959: Charles De Gaulle made a speech declaring his vision for "A Europe from the Atlantic to the Urals" So, it's his fault, is it?

1963: First episode of Dr Who was screened on BBC1 (I didn't see it 'cause I was just a year old!)

1887: Birth of Boris Karloff

1970: Birth of Zoe Ball (best presenter of Live & Kicking)

1990: Death of Roald Dahl - writer of excellent children's books (and some pretty saucy stories for adults, too)

Have a go! It's easy and it's free!

2 Comments:

  • Well I know which year you were born by the Dr Who date itself!!

    By Blogger Fred, at 7:02 pm  

  • Fred - this is your opportunity to tell me how well I look for my age!!

    By Blogger Annie, at 1:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home