Up Knit Creek



Sunday, April 09, 2006

Warning! Knitting content

I actually have a FO to show you. Don't get too excited, it's not the most interesting piece of knitting in the universe, but it is finished. This was a request from MIL (who isn't really a MIL as we're not married, but it's easier than writing "my partner's mother") and she chose the pattern herself from a selection of freebies on the internet - and no, I can't remember which site it came from. Anyway:
Image hosting by Photobucket
and it's reversible (this wasn't in the pattern, I just knitted two and sewed tham together)
Image hosting by Photobucket
It is due to be presented this afternoon when we go for tea, so hopefully it will meet with approval and may even be used today.

We also have a Jaywalker
Image hosting by Photobucket as yet unfinished and without a partner but I haven't touched this since last week as I've been concentrating on other things. I'm a bit worried that it will be too big (my feet are quite delicate compared to the rest of me!) so there may be a trip to the frog pond in the offing.
Most of my somewhat limited knitting time this week has been taken up with the Rock Star cardi. Unfortunately, progress has not been as smooth as I would have liked, chiefly because of my apparent inability to follow a pattern. This pattern uses a number of charts, which I quite like, but I get carried away and forget to look at the written instructions which say things like "starting on row 6 of chart A". In true Up Knit Creek fashion, having happily knitted away at least two 20-row repeats of said chart, I then check the instructions! "Oh dear," thinks I, "that's wrong, then." Do I frog? No. I carry on regardless, fudging as I go and tinking the odd row that is too wrong, even for me. The back is now finished, and I can't see any obvious problems.
Image hosting by Photobucket
I suppose I could be in for a nasty shock when it comes to sewing the sleeves into place, but I'm prepared to risk it...............watch this space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home