Up Knit Creek



Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Moan whinge moan

If you're hoping to be entertained, enlightened or otherwise diverted for a short while, look away now as today's post is a bit of a whinge.
Last Wednesday I finished work full of anticipation for the Easter holidays - six whole days off in a row! I had plans, and plenty of them, mostly for knitting but with the odd bit of wet-felting, fabric-printing and even another sock creature thrown in.
Sadly, it was not to be.
Thursday was fine. I had an appointment for an X-ray on my hip at 10.00, and by 10.20, we were in Brighton, strolling around The Laines looking at the new shops and restaurants in the area by the Library which has undergone massive redevelopment. We had elevenses (latte and hand-baked Italian biscotti - yum) and later on had sushi (double-yum) for lunch. During the evening, I remarked that my throat felt a bit sore. "Never mind" said OH encouragingly, "it'll be fine tomorrow".
Friday, I felt as though someone had rubbed my throat with sand-paper and poured concrete into my head. Saturday, my nose dripped, my eyes felt as though they'd been pumped up with a bicycle pump and my ears just bloody hurt!
It's now Tuesday and I'm beginning to feel a bit better (i.e. I can breathe without feeling as though I've just completed a marathon) but my plans are in tatters.
Back to work tomorrow and I haven't finished the rock star cardi, I haven't finished the jaywalkers, I haven't finished the machine-knit jumper I started (it's too short so it needs some hand-knit ribbing round the bottom - 360 sts on 2mm needles!!!), I haven't finished the hat of infinite possibilities, the fabric-printing and wet-felting didn't even get started and a new friend for Mr Wetty, Claude Grenache & Optricia is still just a twinkle in my eye!
I have, however, finished eating my Easter egg but it has to be said that chocolate is really tasteless when you're full of snot.

3 Comments:

  • Yikes! I guess that cold gets out more than I do! For what it's worth, it does pass. Mine is subsiding although I can't seem to shake the cough. The good news is that chocolate bunnies stay fresh for quite a while. They will still be yummy when your taste buds recover.

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 10:03 pm  

  • Oh dear - I do hope you're fully recovered soon.

    By Blogger Peri, at 6:45 pm  

  • Hi,
    Sorry to hear about the cold. Hope you are better now. It's usually the way - the body holds out until you have a break from work and then let's you have it.

    This has happen to me so many times.

    Thinking of you.

    By Blogger Minx, at 12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home