Up Knit Creek



Sunday, July 02, 2006

Scary

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The girls went to a fancy dress party yesterday - Lucy (top) was "an eighties' throwback" and Bethany was a fairy - she also had a pair of red wings and biker boots to complete the look.
I had to go and have a lie-down in a darkened room after that.

The glorious sunshine that we have had here for the past few days doesn't suit everyone:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Poor Mollie just doesn't know what to do with herself - she's been desperately trying to find a shady spot to cool off but without much luck. When I knelt down to take this picture the stones were so hot I almost burnt my knees.

Last but not least, a finished object
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the Lotus Blossom Tank from Interweave Knits Spring 2006 (or was it Summer?). I used Rowan wool-cotton which is a dream to knit with. I had to alter the neckline afer the first wearing as it had a tendency to gape and flash my boobs - not a pretty sight as I am considerably better endowed than Dolly Dummy. I unpicked about an inch and then decreased about 8 stitches evenly across the next row, then carried on as per the pattern. It's now safe for me to wear in public.
During the knitting of this, my Denise needles cord connector snapped (see previous post) but I am very happy to report that one week after sending the e-mail, a whole new set of cords arrived in the post. That's what I call service!

4 Comments:

  • I think I speak for Bethany as well when I say this; Please please please, oh god please take those pictures down.
    The finished top does look nice though.
    Lucy
    xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 pm  

  • Sorry - I can't disappoint my reader!

    By Blogger Annie, at 12:05 pm  

  • :sigh: How harsh is it that the 80's are now "throwback" material? It doesn't seem so long ago that I was cutting edge. Ah well, the sight of the lotus blossom tank cheered me right up so all is well and major depression averted yet again!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 7:46 pm  

  • That looks lovely! And no, you mustn't take those pictures away!

    By Blogger noblinknits, at 12:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home