Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Secrets & Lies

The secret is this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sorry about the poor quality photo, I forgot to use the zoom thingy on the camera. Anyway, this is a small part of the secret project which will be revealed in all its glory in due course (i.e. when the recipient has tried it on and pronounced themselves satisfied........or not, as the case may be).

The Lies...........
Well now, that could refer to the yarn I bought today - not actually a lie, more of an omission, but too good a bargain to pass over and probably best not mentioned to OH;
Or it could be the lies I tell myself about completing one project before starting another - current WIPs are:

  • Jaywalkers - one sock about two-thirds done
  • Sunrise circle jacket - first sleeve/front about three-quarters done
  • recently re-discovered short-sleeve cotton top that was started about a year ago and has just been found languishing in the window seat amongst the stash, minus its pattern; cue large-scale search through mountains of knitting magazines and books until said pattern re-appeared
  • Crochet lacy cardi from "The Happy Hooker" (Oops! forgot to mention I'd acquired that - another little omission lie )
  • an Elvis wig, also started over a year ago and also found in the window seat. I have absolutely no idea why I thought this would be a good thing to knit, or where the pattern is
  • a Sailmaker top which has been halted for about 4 months because the chart is too damn small to read comfortably

There are one or two other bits and pieces lying around in addition to those above, mostly little try-outs that may or may not evolve into a bona-fide knitted garment, as well as several items in the planning stages (yarn bought, pattern selected, waiting for the green light).

Of course, I have proved to be so unreliable that you really have no idea whether any of the things I have written are actually true or not - you'll just have to wait and see whether any of the UFOs finally materialise. We are going to my parents' this week-end, so there may (perhaps) be a finished object in the not-too-distant future - then again, I might be lying.

2 Comments:

  • If the Elvis wig is a true and existing UFO then it simply must be knit. Just for the sake of saying you did it!!!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 12:17 am  

  • I have often wondered why anyone would want to knit that Elvis wig. Personally, I don't think it looks like anything at all - except maybe a big fluffy hat.
    On the other hand, I am the person who read a headline "The King is dead" and mentally went through all the royal families I could think of - before reading any further - to see which person/country the article was about.
    (My excuse is that I was VERY hungover that particular morning at a campground on an island on the west coast of Ireland.)

    You can find the Elvis wig pattern here - IF you decide to finish it: http://www.theshed.co.uk/elviswig.html

    By Blogger Janey, at 5:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home