Up Knit Creek



Friday, November 04, 2005

Work in progress and other stories

I know, I know, it's only a short while ago that I promised to try and blog more frequently and yet here I am apologising for the lack of posts this week.........excuses to follow, but first, have a look at this. A very astute and considered piece about knitting and its "coolness". The more I read Uknitty, the more I warm to the author, she just has a way of putting into words what I feel but can't express properly. Yay! I'm cool!

Anyway...........the excuses:

1. My brother, his partner and daughter came to stay last weekend and I didn't knit a single stitch! We looked around the sights of this little coastal town (it took all of five minutes) and had lots of drink meaningful conversations. We all (all nine of us) went out for Sunday lunch and had a lovely time just eating and talking and drinking. The simple pleasures are always the best. (Lucy says she "fatted out to the size of a whale" - must have been the home made banoffee pie that she was forced to eat.)

2.

Yes, there has actually been some progress on the aran chair cover. The photo shows the piece that will go underneath the seat and up the fronts of the arms. Whether it will be finished by Christmas or not is debatable because of excuse number 3:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have started the Sailmaker top. It will be such a useful top to wear that I really want to finish it quickly. The chart is printed really small so I may not have any eyesight left by the time the top is finished, but it will be worth it!

Excuse number 4:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is 100% cashmere (the pink stuff) and some 100% (merino?) wool that was hand-dyed by my friend Joan. The yarn itself hasn't been a distraction yet, but the Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing exhibition that I got it from certainly was.
I have also promised to make a tunic type top for MIL on the knitting machine but hopefully that will be a fairly quick knit (provided I am allowed to use the machine - Bethany doesn't like the noise it makes and glares at me all the time when I use it).

Excuse number 5:
I have to go and look at this

1 Comments:

  • Tari tagged me for a knitting meme and I'm passing it on to you. Consider yourself tagged. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

    By Blogger Kate, at 3:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home