Up Knit Creek



Sunday, October 02, 2005

Inspiration..............

.................or, more to the point, lack of it.
Bad girl, naughty girl, go and sit in the corner until you learn to keep your promises.
I will blog more than once a week.
Well, I'm back at work after 10 weeks and it feels like I've never been away. My colleagues have allowed me to ease in gently but I think it's been a bit too gentle as I've found myself without much to do and have got fairly bored already. Oh well. It didn't help that my first days back coincided with the Labour Party conference so all the parking in Brighton was mucked up and there were armed Police all over the place. Why don't these parties have their conferences in something like a disused Army barracks, so the security is simple to arrange and ordinary peoples' lives aren't disrupted? It's not rocket science............

On the knitting front (which is, after all, the raison d'etre of this blog) I have knitted 3 fine lacy scarves and a jumper on the knitting machine and done a few rows of the good old aran chair cover (I really must finish that, I'm even getting bored of blogging about it now!). My main focus now though must be on knitting some samples ready for the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace. I'm going to be demonstrating the "Clover" range of bamboo needles and crochet hooks and I have to say that the samples I've been sent are very good - I was pleasantly surprised. I'm really looking forward to the show and meeting lots of like-minded people. If you're going, please stop and say "hello".
By the way, if you haven't already, pop over to Scarf-o-matic as she is having a de-stashing sale.
OK, that's it for today, bye!

1 Comments:

  • I'll make you a deal. If you finish the legendary Aran Chair Cover before Christmas, I will send you a nice knitty Christmas pressie. There you go. Motivation.

    By Blogger Uknitty, at 1:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home