Up Knit Creek



Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Seventeen

Today is the seventeenth anniversary of the day I gave birth for the first time, in other words,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!
I was going to find lots of embarassing photos from when Lucy was a baby/toddler and post them on here but I know she would never forgive me. I have already made a birthday card with a nekkid 18-month -old Lucy on it, and the poor love didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So, no silly pictures but I will tell you about Lucy and why she is special (Bethany, if you're reading this, you're special too and I'll do the same on your birthday!).
Lucy arrived two and a half weeks late after a very short, sharp labour and I couldn't believe how beautiful she was. She was a contented baby and smiled at everyone. She was always eager to learn and couldn't wait to go to school - on her first day, she waved goodbye and told me to go home because she was going to be too busy to talk to me! No tears for her but I cried all the way home. Throughout her life she has faced all her trials and tribulations with equanimity, maturity and a stoic attitude. She is kind, thoughtful, caring, loyal, honest, funny, disorganised, talented, reserved in company but outgoing with her friends, prone to scruffiness ("Are you really going out in those rags, I mean, jeans?), constantly "borrows" my mascara, obsessed with Mollie the cat, likes disreputable-looking bands, indecisive about hairstyles, terrible channel-flicker (hide the remote), untidy and still beautiful.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Happy birthday, sweetheart.

6 Comments:

  • Awww thank-you mum :)
    xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 pm  

  • dont post a pic of me when its my birthday. please.
    love from bethany

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 pm  

  • Oh is Bethany FUNNY! Happy Birthday, Lucy! What a beautiful girl!

    By Blogger Stasia, at 9:56 pm  

  • Oh must be a virgo thing my A is 17, on friday they sound so similar.
    happy biirthday

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 pm  

  • Be yoot if ful daughter from a be yoot if ful mam. Hope you all had a good day :)

    By Blogger Uknitty, at 6:28 pm  

  • What a lovely post. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! :-)

    By Blogger Steph, at 11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home