Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, August 10, 2005

New toys

Does this picture give you a small clue about what I got on Ebay?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Not the yarn, but look at how it is wound - I got a wool winder for a very good price and have been busy winding ever since. The yarn in the photo is the left-over HipKnits silk plus some 100% wool that I dyed with food colouring. I've been going through my stash and anything that looks as though it has been wound by hand, or is messy, or has never been wound from the skein is getting the treatment. It's very therapeutic.
I have also progressed with the Mystery Shawl - clue 2 was completed the day after it was posted. So far *hastily touching the nearest bit of wood* I have found it fairly easy going. The pattern is such that it is quite easy to spot a k2tog that should have been a ssk or vice versa.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The alpaca yarn has a tendency to cling, so I have to be very careful not to knit YOs in with the next stitch. It looks like a bit of rubbish whilst on the needles but I'm sure the final blocking will reveal its true beauty - all thanks to Renee, the "list mom" and designer who has had to put up with quite a bit of carping and moaning on the message boards.

As I have been rather busy with a spot of painting and repairing of door frames, I asked Lucy and Bethany to take some pictures for today's blog; I have censored the results as I did not think that this blog was an appropriate forum for the display of pictures of teddies being crucified with knitting needles or of teddies and other associated small furry creatures indulging in games of chance for money (teddy poker - what is the world coming to?).
These are the nicer pictures which hopefully will not offend even the most delicate sensibilities of my viewers/readers:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(obviously Pimms & Vodka are essential pieces of Knitting equipment!)

Oh, OK, if you promise not to tell the blog censors, here's a bad one:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 Comments:

  • Hi, just found you on UK knitters. I know what you mean about the wool winder, they're so addictive! I completely demolished a jumper I made the other day just so I could wind it into balls.

    By Blogger twigletqueen, at 10:05 am  

  • Also just found you through UK knitters - what a cute blog! Lovely photos (well, except the crucified teddy). ;) Your shawl is looking beautiful. We love Pimm's - just had it for the first time this year!

    By Blogger Stasia, at 6:49 pm  

  • having just received some ebay yarn which has been wound up sooooo tight it's practically squeaking (I've wound it on my winder now and it's much happier!), I agree that a winder is an essential piece of kit. (Got mine off ebay too!!

    I'm afraid I found the crucified teddy funny. Sorry!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 pm  

  • I love it! Nothing like a little bit of twisted knitting!

    Re: the two tone bioche stitch - the two tone element does keep interest levels up. I do find it tricky to fix if I go wrong, so I am going to have to confine myself to working on the scarf when I know I can concentrate!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home