Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Untitled

Not much to report really; since finishing the "Sonnet" cardi, I have tried very hard (well, quite hard) to stick to one project and see it through to the end - namely the aran style chair cover that I started back in January.
I have come to the conclusion that I have no will-power, no self-discipline and absolutely no staying power. I finished the cardi just over a week ago and duly got on with the sixth section (out of 10 or 11) of the chair cover. By the time this bit was half-done, I was bored with it so I started a little teddy bear out of some left-over mohair. He's really cute:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and Mollie seems to quite like him too!
That didn't take very long so I did a few more rows of the chair cover but then had an overwhelming urge to try something else. What better than the "One Skein Wonder" from Glampyre Knits http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id97.html.
I'm just finishing the edging on this, which I decided to do in moss stitch rather than ribbing, so that it matches the sleeve edges. I'm using some yarn which I think is aran weight, cotton/acrylic blend, bought from who-knows-where more years ago than I care to remember. I might take a piccie if it turns out OK, but I don't really think shrugs as small as this one suit me. It might be looking for a new home once it's finished - maybe I'll try ebay - oooh no! Can't do that, the pattern copyright doesn't allow for commercial use. Perhaps Mollie would like the shrug, as well as the teddy.
Until this weekend, I was an eBay virgin. I've often looked on there, and even made a bid once, but I've never really got into the whole caboodle. That all changed at the weekend when I found an old Rowan pattern booklet for sale. I won that one and arranged to collect the booklet from the seller who lives fairly close. I have since bid and won on two more items (another knitting book and some knitting looms) and am currently awaiting delivery. I am now having to restrain myself as this is yet another opportunity for me to spend what little dosh I have.......................as if all those on-line yarn stores weren't temptation enough. Now, who's the patron saint of lost causes?

1 Comments:

  • Oh no. You've discovered the delights of eBay - be strong!

    Thanks for your comment on the sari silk bag. I must say, it's not the easiest yarn to work with (i.e. quite difficult!). But it's so pretty, that I've found it adequate compensation for my sore index finger!

    By Blogger Noo, at 9:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home