Up Knit Creek



Monday, May 30, 2005

Crisis

Help! I think I'm going off knitting! I hope this is just a temporary aberration but I'm really finding it difficult to get motivated on any of my knitting projects at the moment.
Clapotis - I've done a few pattern repeats but it's nowhere near done
Lacy scarf - haven't touched it for ages
Chair cover - ditto
I've started the "marshmallow" top from June's "Knitting" magazine, but I'm not really enthralled by it. I've also tried to start a cardi of my own design with some lovely soft microfibre yarn I bought about 18 months ago, but I've frogged about three times and every time I try a different stitch pattern, it just looks crap.
If anyone out there in blogland has any spare inspiration, please send it my way!
To change the subject completely, Simon and I decided that, being a Bank Holiday and all, we should go out somewhere. Being the daring, adventurous types, we went all of 9 miles into Brighton and went to the Royal Pavilion. It's about 8 years since last time I went and I had forgotten how completely decadent and opulent it is. There has been quite a lot more restoration since my last visit and it really is incredible - I was impressed.
We then dodged the rain (well, it is Bank Holiday) and had Tapas for lunch, complete with some sangria - almost like being on holiday. A stroll around North Laine and along by the arches and fishing museum, then home for tea and scones. How jolly British!

1 Comments:

  • Ohhh I almost bought Dawn - so lovely. Will be there Sunday - it would be great to see you :0)

    By Blogger Peri, at 7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home