Up Knit Creek



Monday, April 25, 2005

No knitting

I can't believe it! Three whole days have passed and I haven't touched any knitting. This has to be a record, I normally knit every day without fail. Knitting is always something that fits in around other things except for rare occasions when I plan an afternoon or an evening to do nothing but knit. This weekend has been busy and any spare time has been taken up with my ExTex project.
I have made some felt and a small rag rug which are somehow going to be fashioned into...................that's right.............a sunflower. Obvious, isn't it? The basic idea is to use the rag rug as the centre of the flower and cut the felt into petals. The idea is one thing; putting it into practice is quite another. I have stitched most of the petals into place but the effect isn't really as I'd imagined. I'm trying to figure out a way to attach a stalk so the whole thing can be properly 3D. There will be photos when it is more recognisable.
Maybe I should use this piece as an experiment and make another one using the benefit of my newly-acquired experience.
Short post tonight - I'm knackered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home