Up Knit Creek



Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Just stuff

Yesterday was such a nice day that we decided to go out and about - we headed off into the Ashdown Forest to the Llama centre. The added bonus was that there was a craft fair there as well as the animals.
The craft fair was rubbish - if I had hoped for inspiration then I would have been sorely disappointed - there was a bit of rather boring knitting, some yucky machine embroidery and some of those "hand-made" cards where people have just assembled ready-made bits and pieces. I think it's a real cheek to call that kind of thing "hand-made", there's very little imagination, talent or creativity involved.
Anyway, the llamas and alpacas were cute. I like alpacas best, they're a bit rounder and fluffier than llamas.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com.

When we got home, Sophie (step-daughter) wanted to do some laminating, so out came the laminator (I had to buy one - it was too good a bargain to miss!). Guess who couldn't resist?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
She just loves boxes. Her favourite toy is the box that my sewing machine came in - it's quite big and sturdy and she spends ages jumping in and out of it, but any box is worth investigating, even if it's only big enough for one paw and a head!

I also managed a bit of felting the other day. This was my first attempt at anything other than a flat piece of felt. It was made entirely in one piece so the only sewing was to attach the cord round the edge.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(It's a bag, in case you were wondering!)

Lucy and I are off into Brighton in a minute to buy some new jeans.........it could be a very long day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home