Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Quickie

Just a quick one this morning - I haven't had much to write about over the past couple of days.
I am concentrating on the chair cover at present but it is rather tedious as the whole back of the chair is in moss stitch which is definitely not my favourite - I love the way it looks but I hate knitting it! Things will improve when I get on to the fronts, with cables and bobbles etc.

Lucy may have a longer Easter holiday than she was expecting - some nice young people decided to burn down the school yesterday, and there's a chance that it won't re-open on Monday. From what we can tell, it's the main hall, library and computer suite that suffered the worst damage, most of the classrooms are intact, though smoke-damaged. Fortunately, the block where all the art classrooms are escaped the worst of it - it would have been a complete disaster for Lucy if all her art course-work had gone up in smoke. Damage has been estimated at over a million pounds, and two teenagers have been arrested. I know school holidays can be boring, but surely they could have found something a little less destructive to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home