Up Knit Creek



Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'b got a cowd ib de nose

Yep! Thanks to my lovely Lucy, I have now got the snottiest nose in the entire world. Not that I'm feeling sorry for myself (hang on while I get another tissue and some paracetamol) but I've sneezed so many times today that my nose is in danger of detaching itself from my face.
Anywho, the good news is that there has been real progress on Via Diagonale, and I only need to knit the handles and sew the lining. Yippee!
Here's the proof:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Y'see, I don't make it up!
I bought myself a little knitting gadget today that I've never seen before - it's a combined tension square measure and stitch calculator. If you work out that your tension is 24 sts to 10cm, you slide the slider to 24 and it shows you how many stitches to cast on for anything from 1cm to 100cm..........clever, huh? I haven't explained it very well, but it will take the guesswork out of some of my experiments.
In other news, I have started my sunflower, but I think I need to make quite a few modifications:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm thinking of fixing thin wire to the back of the petals so that I can bend them into a less flat shape.......not sure how to fix the wire yet, a bit more experimenting is needed.
No blogging for a few days as I'm going to my see parents for a long weekend. Oh the joys of the M25 & M1 on a bank holiday weekend....................why do I do it to myself? Hours of traffic jams and misery for a short stay. Why? Mum's Sunday dinner, that's why!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home