Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, May 18, 2005

No knitting

No knitting at all today - didn't get chance during the day and when I got home from work I had other stuff to do. I don't suppose it's a bad thing to have a break from knitting, my wrists do get quite achey at times.
First, as promised, a picture or two of my nuno felted scarf:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and a close up:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com.

The main reason for the lack of knitting was the fact that I have to finish my ExTex project by mid-June and I hadn't started on the main piece, which is a vessel in which to put the flowers I am making. After several re-thinks, I finally decided to bite the bullet and make a 3D vessel rather than making a flat piece of felt and stitching it into a vase-type shape.
Well, I knew the theory, having already made a little bag, but the practice is another thing altogether. At various points during the process, I thought I would have to scrap the whole thing, or else I was desperately trying to think of ways of retrieving something from the sorry mess of fibres on the draining board. I kept finding holes around the edges (guess who hadn't remembered to allow extra fibre to overlap the sides???) and every time I tried to add more fibre, I just got a separate piece of felt that was attached by just a few threads. Any way, I persevered and am now fairly hopeful of the end product. The vessel has been shaped around a tin that normally contains a bottle of Becherovka which is a rather yummy Czech herbal drink. Herbal, huh? Must be good for me, right? Well, after several shots, the world takes on a very rosy glow and a feeling of relaxation sweeps over you which obviously has nothing whatsoever to do with the 38% markings on the bottle. Certainly does me good!
The vessel is currently drying:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and will eventually contain these two plus a poppy which is still under construction
Image hosted by Photobucket.com.

P.S.
A big thank you to anyone who has left comments - it really means a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home