Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, May 04, 2005

M25

I can't believe it! I travelled the M25 on Bank Holiday Monday and didn't get held up at all. Really, I'm not making it up, there were no hold-ups at all. Unfortunately, the same could not be said for last Friday when it was stop-go all the way from Junction 9 to Junction 15. I was not looking forward to the drive, especially as I had what I thought was a rotten cold on Thursday - turned out to be a fleeting allergic reaction to something unknown.
We had a good time at my parents'. We managed to get kitted out for a wedding we're going to in a couple of weeks. I really don't like going clothes shopping with the girls - we have very different ideas about what is "suitable" - but in spite of the huge crowds in Leicester on Saturday, we all got something to wear. Bethany is very pleased with her little black lace number and Lucy has been practising walking in her first pair of stilettos.
My mum's Sunday Lunch (yes, it does deserve capital letters) was as delicious as usual............ although I'm not a great meat eater, there's something about Sunday Lunch that is very comforting; maybe it's the chance to spend time with family, maybe it's the wine, maybe it's the roast potatoes, who knows? Whatever, it was really nice to see mum and dad for the first time since Christmas, and to see my brother and his girlfriend.
We always play Trivial Pursuit at mum and dad's (yes, I know it's deeply sad) and i am the champion. We only played three games, but I won all of them (oh God, I really need to get out more!)
Mum thought it would be a nice idea if we all went to see a play on Saturday night, performed by a local amateur dramatic group. Well, the idea was nice but the play was not. Badly acted, badly directed, utterly boring. The evening was then rounded off fittingly when Mum won the star prize in the raffle.....................a pair of tickets to the next performance in October!! She was thrilled (not!)
On the knitting front: Via Diagonale is complete, well, the knitting part, anyway. I have to get out the sewing machine to make the lining, but haven't got around to that yet. The Flower Basket shawl is complete, it just needs blocking. I'm going to have to block it to within an inch of its life, as it has come out very small ( before you ask, no, I didn't bother with a tension square - it's a shawl, how can it not fit?).
I will be heartily relieved when the election is over. Every time, I have great hopes that something will actually change for the better, and every time, I'm disappointed. I've voted in enough elections now to realise that "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose".
Peri (see Knit and natter) has similar views, I think, as do a great many others.
That's all for now. Don't forget to vote!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home