Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Showing off




A finished cardigan and some ExTex stuff to show off - if you're not interested, look away now!
"Sonnet" from Knitty.com in Colinette's Giotto yarn, in the Monet colourway.
Yes, it is finished, and yes, it fits. This photo doesn't really do justice to the colours, they're much more colourful yet the overall effect is quite subtle. I'm very pleased with it and look forward to wearing it frequently when the weather gets cooler - oh, that'll be this weekend then!



Last Saturday and Sunday saw the end of year exhibition for the Experimental Textiles course that Lucy and I have been doing since last September. It was a very interesting show, but unfortunately I can only post photos of Lucy's and my work as I need permission from the artists to show anything else. There was an amazing array of work on show, from felted tents to knitted, fairy-lit jumpers, a bag of bags, wall-hangings, huge knitted tubes, wacky t-shirts etc, etc. I must say a huge "Thank You" to the wonderful Kim, our tutor, for being an endless source of inspiration and encouragement - check out her website on the "Stuff I like" bit in the side bar.
The photos:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is Lucy's finished project, made of silk paper with stitched decoration, mounted on a very fine gauzy fabric. She wasn't happy with it but it evoked a good response in everyone who saw it and I was very proud of her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is my finished vase of flowers, all made of felt, apart from the centre of the sunflower which was rag rugging, and the centre of the poppy which was a tassel. The leaves were silk paper and machine embroidery.
I also had my nuno felted scarf and a rag rug on show, not sure why really, but they filled up a bit of space:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I don't know what I'm going to do on Monday evenings now, I really enjoyed the ExTex course and can't wait to start the second year in September......................... I suppose I could knuckle down and get knitting the four projects currently on the needles and the ones fermenting in the back of my mind......................... so much yarn, so little time!

3 Comments:

  • I think your Sonnet in the Colinette yarn looks nicer than the ones in the pattern! Just lovely. :-)

    By Blogger Steph, at 10:19 am  

  • Lovely work Annie - I love your flowers.

    By Blogger Peri, at 10:46 am  

  • Hello baby
    Your site is FAB and I am learning a lot. The ExTex course sounds fascinating . . . . . .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home