Up Knit Creek



Saturday, June 04, 2005

Crisis over

Inspiration has returned, in the form of two parcels that have arrived over the last two days (only one photo though)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's Colinette's Giotto in the Monet colourway (left of pic) and HipKnit's 100% silk in "Dawn" colourway.
The Giotto is going to be a cardigan and the silk will be a short-sleeved crossover top, both for me hee hee hee (well you didn't think I'd buy such luscious yarn to fritter away on other people, did you? Come on, be reasonable).
I have a colleague at work who is always (and I do mean always) impeccably dressed - she wears beautiful clothes with an individual touch and has just the right accessories and jewellery to go with them - and I always feel a bit of a frump next to her, so I'm hoping that these two new garments will address that feeling, at least a bit. I know she will approve of the colours, what a shame I can't knit myself a new slimline body over the weekend!
Tomorrow is the Big Knit-in at Brighton University - check out the Cast-Off website for more info http://www.castoff.info . I'm really looking forward to it, the chance to see what other knitters are up to and to see the displays by the students, not to mention the bar and BBQ.
Must go, that yummy yarn is calling...........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home