Up Knit Creek



Friday, June 24, 2005

Progress.............

.....at last! Having ripped the whole body of "Sonnet", I have now reknitted it completely and it fits! Yep, I will actually have a cardi that fits. Have done about six inches of the first sleeve and am quite hopeful of finishing the whole thing this weekend as I have a couple of days off work. I'm still potty about the colours so I think this will be something that I wear over and over again. (Just as well really, considering the cost).
When sonnet is finished, I'm going to concentrate on my chair cover, which hasn't been touched for at least two months. There's still quite a bit to be done - the insides of the chair back and all the cushion pieces - but at least it knits up fairly quickly.
This weekend (25th and 26th June) we are having our Experimental Textiles End-of-Year exhibition at the Connaught Centre in Hove. It is open from 10am - 4pm both days and definitely worth seeing if you're anywhere near. I'm not bragging for myself, but there really is some amazing work there. I'll be taking pictures and will post them on here if I can get everyone's permission.
Short post today, got lots to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home