Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Not Johnny Depp

Had to take a few days to recover from the mini Depp-fest - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Friday, then Benny & Joon on Sunday night. He's so good, I could watch him all day.

Anyway - knitting
The Mystery Shawl Along has started and was not without a few teething problems. Many thanks to Renee, the "group mom" who has put up with lots of whinging and moaning but has come up trumps. The first clue was two charts to follow, resulting in this:

This is obviously not blocked, just pinned out a bit. It will be much more open and lacy when it is properly blocked - at least, I hope it will be. The alpaca is so soft, I can't wait to be snuggled up in it, watching JD (mmmmmmmmm, "Chocolat" would be a good one for the shawl's induction, methinks).


Yesterday I decided I needed to get out of the house if I was to stand any chance at all of avoiding cabin fever - I've hardly been out for the last fortnight. I went into Lewes and perused the local bead shop as I have been brainwashed into jumping onto the pretty stitch marker bandwagon. A couple of hours later and I ended up with these:



Not bad for a first attempt, if I say so myself.

Whilst waiting for the second mystery shawl clue, I decided to try and learn how to knit two socks on one circular needle. I've been meaning to try this for a while and finally got round to starting yesterday. No pictures yet, because there's not much to see, but I did find this site very useful. (Thanks to Lucy for helping me with the link, the normal Blogger way didn't seem to work).

Mollie has also been "helping" me with computer stuff:


1 Comments:

  • Wow, having just finished my first sock I was tempted to look at this method of knitting two at once but now my head hurts! I can't wait to see you giving it a go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home