Up Knit Creek



Saturday, July 30, 2005

Chocolicious

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(gratuitous Johnny Depp picture)

The girls and I went to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" yesterday as Lucy and I are both big Johnny Depp fans and Bethany seems to be a Tim Burton fan. We were not disappointed. I have read a couple of reviews that said the film is disappointing, just a string of visual effects and that Willy Wonka obviously hated children - wrong, wrong and wrong. Johnny Depp is excellent (as always), the film sticks pretty closely to the original story although there are some additions, and Wonka only hates four of the children who are pretty revolting anyway. I felt that the film captured the spirit of the book very well and that the effects just brought to life Dahl's vivid imagination. The girls told me off for laughing "louder than anyone else in the whole cinema" (it's a wicked lie) but we all agreed that Willy Wonka and all the Oompa-Loompas are gay - Wonka's hair is never out of place and the Oompa-Loompas have a predilection for PVC catsuits and bursting into song at the least provocation!
P.S. Willy Wonka has scarily perfect teeth which I found rather unnerving.

Not much knitting news 'cause I haven't done much. I'm waiting for Monday when the first clue for the Mystery Shawl Along is released but apart from that I have done a bit more to the aran chair cover and fiddled about with some of the patterns in "A Gathering of Lace" - nothing worth photographing though, so here's another picture of the Deppmeister:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • ...PLEASE don't call Johnny Depp the 'deppmeister' mum, it's really very sad.
    Lucy xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 pm  

  • Although I haven't seen the film I have to agree that Mr Depp is simply delicious! I especially like the B&W photo of him......yum.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home