Up Knit Creek



Thursday, September 08, 2005

Finished

Very quick post today, just to show that eventually I made progress on the latest bag:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It actually looks more felted in real life although it didn't felt as much as I would have liked. It was knitted in 100% aran weight wool from the Yarn Warehouse , used double on 6.5mm needles. The yarn is quite scratchy to knit with and when I tried to use it for some embroidery, it broke very easily. I think it would have been better to use slightly larger needles as it was really hard work to knit - it would probably have felted better if the fabric was a bit looser as well. Overall though I'm pleased with the result even though my bag is a bit bigger than it should be (more room for even more receipts, old bananas, bus tickets, hair bands, leaking pens, MP3 players, everyone else's mobile phone, etc etc).

Have also started the "Accidentally on purpose" top from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation for Bethany, who is not feeling too good today - big hugs, sweetie-pie x x x - using Paton's 100% cotton DK (or is it Sirdar? Can't remember!) as Paton's "Grace" doesn't appear to exist in the UK.

2 Comments:

  • Annie, it's great!

    By Blogger Stasia, at 6:52 am  

  • Thanks for commenting on my blog which helped me find yours! The bag's great and your blog looks really interesting. Will have to spend some time perusing it (blog not bag!). Is the bag your own design?

    By Blogger KnitYoga, at 8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home