Up Knit Creek



Saturday, July 29, 2006

Presents

I am a very lucky girl! The Angel Yarns knitting forum, of which I am a member, has been running a "Secret Summer Santa" and I decided to take part. I have often toyed with the idea of taking part in a Secret Pal exchange but never got round to it - I couldn't really be bothered with setting up an anonymous e-mail address and all that stuff but the SSS didn't involve much effort on my part other than browsing knitting shops (and that was hard!).
Anyway, back to the point, my pressies arrived today and I am chuffed to bits, thrilled, over the moon, happy to the point of bursting and any other expression that signifies great delight.
Lookee here:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Close-ups
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and of course, Mollie had to get in on the act:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That is three hanks of recycled sari silk yarn which I have been wanting to try for aaaaaaaaaages but couldn't justify the expense; a meltingly soft skein of Angel Yarns hand-painted silk in lovely pale blues, greys and pinks and what doesn't show up very well - six stitch markers with little pussycats on them (Mollie was very impressed). There was also a CD which was based on my predilection for cheesy 60s music - I have a sore throat now from singing along all day (remind me to apologise to the neighbours later).
The clue was a picture of Don Johnson and the other bloke (whose name totally escapes me) from Miami Vice. There was a title next to the picture that said "Miami" and asked "What's missing".
The answer of course was that there was "No Vice" which is Novice (her forum name), aka Claire. Thank you so much, Claire, it was a lovely present and you got my tastes exactly right.

Apart from the excitement of thinking all my Christmasses had come at once, I have been knitting and crocheting. The current knitting projects are:
  • Sunrise circle jacket - on hold whilst we've had the hot weather, aran-weight wool is no good when your hands are sweating
  • Rock star cardi - 2nd attempt as first one was waaaaay too big and ended up being donated to MIL
  • Cropped cardi from Knit1 for Bethany - it's green in the magazine but Bethany wanted Peacock blue which is much nicer than the green IMHO
  • jaywalker socks - they are definitely around somewhere but not too sure exactly where at the moment. I don't need woolly socks in this weather, anyway.

There may be a couple of other things OTN as well, but I'm blowed if I can remember what they are! Plenty more ideas in the old grey cells though.

In crochet, I have a couple of small projects on the go but I'm not too sure if I'm meant to be discussing them at present. I will take photos before they are sent off and reveal them as and when. Have also promised Lucy a crochet long-sleeved shrug but that's not been started yet. Also got a couple of crochet bags that I want to make soon but they may be delayed now I've got the scrummy stuff from Claire.

Well, I can't waste any more precious time on the 'puter, I've got knitting to do!

3 Comments:

  • Woo-hoo! You did well in your summer secret santa thing! Fun new stuff to play with...does it get any better than that???

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 9:38 pm  

  • Finally I can comment on your blog!!!! I've enjoyed reading it over the past couple of weeks - your daughters are gorgeous, and I've been having fun looking at all the crafty stuff you have on the go at the same time!!!! Glad you liked your stuff - the music was just a bit of fun, and although you have probably got most of it, I think the are really fun mixes! I did try to find some ballroom - I have loads of music from the 20's through to the mid 50's, but I wouldn't know a cha cha cha from a chow mein!

    By Blogger Auntie Noo, at 10:11 pm  

  • I wish Novice had been my SSS - that's some gorgeous yarn you got!

    By Blogger Badger, at 3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home