Up Knit Creek



Sunday, June 10, 2007

Slight hiatus

because I had to go back to work. Three weeks off after my operation and all of a sudden I have to get back into the habit of getting up early, driving to work and actually making myself useful. I had a very quiet first week back but was very surprised at how tired I was - on Friday I got home from work about 4.30pm and promptly fell asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours, which is not something I normally do. Anyway, that's my excuse for not blogging much recently, take it or leave it!
The lack of posts may also have something to do with this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

a little experiment to use up some very fine, floaty stuff that's been in the stash since forever


or this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

detail of the above experiment


or this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
a bit more spinny stuff


Left to right: my entry for the first Sunday Spin-a-long, which was to make crinkle-cut yarn;
next we have a skein of 100% wool which I bought from a craft shop where it was being sold as "suitable for needle-felting" but I thought it would spin quite nicely :)
second from right is more of the dreaded ultra-fine cashmere yarn, this time held double and navajo plied into something a bit more user-friendly;
far right is the second lot of hand-dyed rovings from my dyeing experiment the other week but this time it was just plied from two singles and I'm amazed at how different the colours look.
I'm beginning to think that I just don't have time to go to work, but if I didn't, none of this mucking about with fibres would be possible (nor would eating or paying bills or running a car, for that matter!).
There is also a new bag kind of half done, but my head's not really in a "stocking-stitch-in-the-round-on-thick-needles" kind of place right now so when it'll actually get to be a bag is anyone's guess.

Right, I'm off now to entertain myself by reliving vicariously Lucy's hot date from last night!

3 Comments:

  • Going back to work after a break is always rough. And it had to be even more grueling after surgery. Here's hoping that it all becomes easier for you!

    Meanwhile, I am enjoying the fiber-related goodness you've got going on there! Sooooo pretty...

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 10:30 pm  

  • Pooh! Eating? Paying bills? Running a car? Who needs it??? It's the fibre stuff that's the staff of life.

    By Blogger ra, at 5:36 pm  

  • Your lace is beautiful! Hope to see it becoming more than just an experiment!!

    By Blogger Hellbelle, at 10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home