Up Knit Creek



Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm still here..............

............. just haven't got round to blogging lately. No excuses, just haven't done it. I have, however, done this:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Tubey from Knitty.com, started January 2nd (I think), finished January 22nd. No stripes and knitted in some soft cheap acrylic yarn chosen by Lucy. She is very pleased with the end result and has hardly taken it off since the last yarn-end was woven in.
If I were to knit this again, I think I would shape the neckline where the fabric goes round the back of the neck as there is a tendency to bunch up and make the back of the sweater hang lower than the front. I used a few short rows to try and overcome this, but neckline shaping would make for a better fit, IMHO. Rather predictably, Lucy did not like this picture (hence the missing face) as she said it makes her look fat. All I can say is, if that's fat, I want to be fat!

Two other projects have also come to a conclusion, but as they are both birthday presents, the pictures will have to wait. I am now knitting a corkscrew scarf from Loop-d-loop whilst I try to figure out the best way to proceed with the unreadable chart for the Sailmaker top. I came across Loop-d-loop in Waterstone's the other day (they had some quite interesting knitting books in there this time) and decided to buy it as I thought the patterns were rather unusual and might appeal to the girls. Bethany looked through it and liked one pattern (can't remember which one, now - well it was over 24 hours ago) but Lucy hasn't even looked yet. I like the wonky fair-isle, the ballet t-shirt and the diagonal-rib cardi but they won't be knitted for quite a while yet as the "to do" list is growing ever longer, in fact , it is becoming the FCOK* list

Before I forget, many thanks to those who left nice comments about the aran chair cover - I'm never sure whether to reply via the commenter's own blog, or to their e-mail or to add a comment to my own blog; in my laziness confusion, the replies (I'm ashamed to say) get overlooked. Knitty Fred, if you read this, please leave a comment or e-mail me, it would be really nice to meet up when you come to Brighton.

*Fat Chance Of Knitting

1 Comments:

  • Ooh, lovely Tubey! It looks so different without stripes. Well done! :-)

    By Blogger Steph, at 8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home