Up Knit Creek



Sunday, October 15, 2006

Another week

gone by and not much in the way of posting.
I have knitted the back, one front and most of the second front of the rock-star cardi so progress has been made but the finish is stilll some way off.
Yesterday I bought cushion pads (five of them) and intend to knit or crochet covers for all of them. This will serve two purposes:
a) use up some of the SOMP (stash of mountainous proportions)
b) create a warm, homespun look for the window seat (hopefully).
One cover is half done and there are lots of ideas for the others, which have been inspired by my latest accidental purchase. How can anyone possibly make an "accidental" purchase? Surprisingly easily if you are browsing the well-know bookstore site and wonder what the "One-Click purchasing" does. I know, I know, the clue is in the name but I had forgotten that it really does do what it says on the tin.

On Friday, I received an interesting letter ( on headed notepaper from a rather nice hotel in Suffolk):
Dear Anne,
I just thought I'd let you know that I'm spending a few days with T*** and
R**** in the lap of luxury among rich old people taking their leisure.
Everyone thinks I'm so cute in my little uniform. T*** is disappointed that
my namesake here does not wear an identical outfit. I told him "Look but don't
touch - you can't have it all!" He's wondering if I will turn into flesh and
blood as Pinnochio did..... only you and I know.
Love from
Barry the Bellhop
X X X

(names have been disguised to protect the guilty innocent).
Barry was only allowed to go and live with T*** as a reward for behaving well during his stay at the "Up Knit Creek Residential Home for Recalcitrant Bellhops" but I'm now of the opinion that he will have to be recalled and suffer some sort of punishment as has obviously been acting in a somewhat teasing and provocative manner and has probably caused a few heart attacks and fits of the vapours. What is the point of me teaching bellhop etiquette 10 hours a day if it is just going to be ignored the minute those miscreants are released?

1 Comments:

  • I love the term "accidental purchase." I've had so many of those. Good thing we can't put any type of restraint on our mice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home