Up Knit Creek



Saturday, October 07, 2006

Oh dear

Where has the time gone? I swear it's only a couple of days since I last posted and yet here we are over a week later.
The chat room and map have gone as I decided they took up too much space for too little return and in their place is a new improved photo gallery - check it out.
I have spun another couple of little skeins of yarn, from merino roving this time, one multi coloured strand and one natural strand plied together. Looks very pretty and is quite even but I have yet to see how it knits up.
I have turned my attentions to the rock star cardi (scroll down a bit, 5th row) again as I will need to wear it soon. This is, as mentioned previously, my second attempt at this pattern, the first one having turned out waaaaay too large owing to an unforseen reaction of the yarn (of unknown parentage) to the iron. The result was donated to OH's mum, who has not yet worn the cardi despite professing her delight with it; mind you, the weather has not really necessitated cardi-wearing until very recently.
I also made a start, like many others, on the Swallow-tail shawl from Interweave Knits Fall 2006 and was using two strands of very fine cashmere yarn that came from heaven-knows-where. All was well until I forgot which row of the chart I was on (which may or may not be linked to the amounts of alcohol imbibed). I was frogging and tinking merrily away but could not spot the mistake, or how to fix it. Then I dropped a stitch and thought enough was enough. The whole lot has been frogged and will be started again when hell freezes over I can be bothered and am completely sober.

I am pleased to report that the Bellhop met with great approval and the birthday celebrations look set to continue well into next week, having kicked off promisingly last night with several rounds in a local pub followed by delicious Italian food and wine (and liqueurs) and lots of presents. Turning 50 obviously isn't all bad.

2 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday! I don't care what the number is as long as I get presents and good food!!

    Sounds like your spinning is really coming along well. Such fun. Sorry about the shawl, but I suspect it just means that you were meant for a different project right now!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 9:19 pm  

  • Thanks, Sheepish.
    It's not my birthday, it's a friend at work. I was just helping him celebrate!

    By Blogger Annie, at 9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home