Up Knit Creek



Saturday, November 04, 2006

Production line

I have been busy, so busy that blogging has taken a back seat (in case you hadn't noticed!)
This is what I've been up to:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Blocking in progress, closely followed by sewing up to produce this:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


(Oh God! I really need to diet).

close up of pointed sleeve:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yes! Rock Star is finally finished. I can't remember when I started it but I'm so glad it's done and that this time it actually fits, it will be worn a lot and I'm considering another one in a different colour.

The great cushion marathon continues:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Sari silk, circle based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pi calculations.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Stash DK yarn (left over from a sweater I made for OH) - pattern made up as I went along.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Based on Log Cabin Knitting in the Mason-Dixon book.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Adapted from the piano stool cover, also in Mason-Dixon.

and I've also managed a bit of spinning and dyeing:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Top is Grey faced Dartmoor, natural and dyed with walnut shells; the rest is just odd bits of merino and some hand-dyed wensleydale that I found lurking in a drawer, originally bought for the ''Great Felted Bag'' venture some 18 months ago which was a an ill-conceived attempt at world domination and untold wealth through the creation of unique felted bags - trouble is, I kind of got side-tracked so it never really happened. The only two bags that actually got made are still in the cupboard somewhere because I liked them so much I didn't want to part with them! I don't think I've got what it takes to be a felting entrepreneur.

The next thing to be completed will be the Sunrise Circle jacket , which has been on the back burner for a while, and some fingerless gloves, requested by Bethany. Oh yes! and a neck warmer for Lucy which I promised her over a year ago, then there's the vintage tie that I started for OH and the second Jaywalker sock, the Elvis wig plus some ideas for a felted bag and............ and....................... and............................
Y'see, I haven't really got time for all this blogging lark, let alone housework and cooking and all the other stuff that eats into knitting/spinning time. Please can someone teach me how to knit in my sleep? Please?

4 Comments:

  • Rock star rocks!!!! Great, great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 pm  

  • Holy cow!! That is some production line you've got going over there! I think you should knit many, many Rock Stars and just live off the glory. That is just beautiful!

    And anytime I see anything out of Mason*Dixon I just can't help but smile. I do so love that book...

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 8:01 pm  

  • Blimey, Annie, you have been busy!!

    Rock Star certainly does rock and I love the cushion covers too, especially the Mason Dixon one - it makes my eyes go funny :)

    By Blogger Hellbelle, at 12:13 pm  

  • A lot of very very good shaping work there. I am impressed with your work. I love the tie front top. You are the same size as me but I am much shorter than you therefore rounder! The top is extremeley flattering to your shape. that is the sort of thing I am talking about. More photos please don't be shy! Do you knit for a living or hobby? Interested in any work? I am looking for people who can knit to a specific gauge as I have had to turn work away this year due to my disability I am slow!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home