Up Knit Creek



Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hello again

I know you've missed me (as if!) and I know I'm a very naughty girl because, yet again, I have neglected my ikkle bloggy.
You will be relieved to know that there will not be a video in this post - that will be for the very rare occasions when I feel that moving pictures are essential to the content of the post.

Jury service is now over and I have mixed feelings about it. Sitting on a case was very interesting but a huge responsibility (and I'm not one to take on more responsibility than I absolutely have to) that cannot be taken lightly. I found it very difficult to separate my own gut feelings from hard facts and evidence and although I think we made the right decision, I'm not sure that we reached that decision via the correct procedures. As I had never set foot inside a courtroom before, I think I now have much more of an insight into the way our legal system works and I would be happy to sit on a jury again. I also met some very nice people ( fellow jurors and court officials) so, on the whole, I would say it was a positive experience. All the waiting around could have been extremely tedious had it not been for my trusty needles and yarn - I was very pleased that on the last day of jury service, I was able to wear the fruits of my labours:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(I got a cheer for that!)
Pattern: my own
Yarn: 100% wool, approx 4ply/fingering weight, hand-dyed by a company whose name I have totally forgotten (informative, aren't I?), bought at the Knitting & Stitching show at the N.E.C. last September.

Life has since returned to normal and I have another F.O. - yet another bag. What is it with me and bags at the moment? For years I used a little black back-pack style handbag, with the occasional use of something a bit more stylish for weddings, evenings out etc but recently my subconscious has been shouting "you need more bags! you need more bags!"
I hope to sell the bags and/or the patterns on my website eventually but for now, here's a quick peek at the latest offering:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
pattern: my own
yarn: a mixture of 100% wool, aran/worsted weight, bought as a pack of left-overs from Kangaroo's stall at the "Creative Stitches & Hobbycrafts" event held at the Brighton Centre last week. Ooooh dear, a bit of a linking frenzy here, seem to be getting carried away.
By the way, I finally transferred to the new Blogger - notice any difference? Me neither.

2 Comments:

  • How great that you could use the jury duty time so productively! And that's a pretty smart sweater as well...

    I love the bag and am hopelessly addicted to bags of all shapes and sizes. How long did you say before you'll have on-line ordering available? I can be patient...

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 8:01 pm  

  • Your jury sweater is nice, I love the fact that you could wear it on the last day!

    By Blogger Linda, at 10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home