Up Knit Creek



Friday, January 12, 2007

Calling all motorists

I'm not normally one to get political but action needs to be taken on this. We already have the most expensive petrol in Europe, if not the world, as well as paying vast amounts of road tax. This is a tax too far.
See this article also.

I use my car for work; if I didn't do the job I do, I probably wouldn't have a car. My car is small, economical and has very low CO2 emissions. If I could afford an electric or hybrid car, I would buy one. This is yet another tax on average people by this government, who have already pushed the tax burden on ordinary people higher than it has ever been. The revenue raised from all the various motoring-based taxes must surely be enough to provide cheap, reliable public transport; instead, bus and train fares rise all the time with no discernible improvement in the service.
Please sign this petition.



P.S. Normal knitting service will be resumed when I have calmed down!

3 Comments:

  • Are you kidding me???? I will cease complaining immediately about my own tax situation.

    It looks like the petition is getting some pretty heavy traffic. Good luck!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 10:32 pm  

  • Oi, mum.
    CSS. That is the future of your site. CSS!
    Once I figure out how to do it properly I'll show you ^-^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 pm  

  • Bitch on about petrol. I drive a gas electric Prius and I still bitch. Next year Honda is coming out with a hydrogen car. They will also be selling a hydrogen pump that converts natural gas to hydrogen and you can install it in your house/garage. I just might look into it. Probably will be too expensive. I've been driving a gas-electric car for 7 years, and absolutely love it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home