Up Knit Creek



Friday, November 24, 2006

It's my party

and I'll spin if I want to.
Yesterday was my ahem44thahem birthday so I took the day off work and totally pleased myself.
This is what happened:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sari silk fibres purchased from a well-known on-line auction site and handspun by me on my Ashford Traditional. It should be noted that these images do not describe the full horror of the situation - they do not show, for instance, the amount of very very fine fibre that now appears to be permanently embedded in the sitting-room carpet, nor do they show the same fibres stuck fast to my jeans and cotton sweater; you will simply have to imagine the sound-track to the scenario, mutterings, swearing and the occasional exclamation, not to mention a string of obscenities when I accidentally picked up my carders by the sharp wiry bits instead of the handles! (at least I kept the blood off the fibres). Proceedings were, however, greatly enhanced by the continuous ingestion of some very delicious cherry- and brandy- filled liqueur chocolates (Thanks, Tony).

I had lovely presents from all my family and really enjoyed my day. The real celebration will be this evening as we are going out for a meal at the marina in Brighton - don't know which restaurant yet as there are loads to choose from and I don't really know if I'm in a Spanish, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Thai, New York or Steak House mood (there's even a Mc*****ds but we don't speak of these things). I must now go and change into the loosest-fitting clothes I possess in preparation.............

7 Comments:

  • I spun sari silk once (emphasis on the "once") from the same well-known-auction-site. I said many, many bad words then traded the lot for some alpaca with a co-worker.

    Happy Birthday and have a wonderful dinner out on the town!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 10:11 pm  

  • Happy birthday for yesterday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 am  

  • I have looked at that sari silk waste on said site and have been tempted but might re-think LOL but it does look yummy. Hope your Birthday was a good one

    By Blogger Artis-Anne, at 9:55 am  

  • thank you for your concern, I'm much better now. Currently spinning on an Ikea Poang chair which is much firmer and seems okay. Still not the back support though. I'll try the other chairs around the place and see how I get on.

    LoL on the sari silk, sounds um "interesting" tho'. Wonder if it would be easier if blended with something else? Am quite tempted to try it sometime. (Never one to learn from others mistakes!!!)

    happy birthday to you for yesterday!

    By Blogger ra, at 11:39 am  

  • Happy belated birthday - hope your dinner was lovely!

    By Blogger Rose Red, at 11:42 am  

  • A belated happy birthday to you - did you scoff loads?

    By Blogger Peri, at 9:07 am  

  • I hope you had a lovely birthday! The sari silk looks wonderful... and hopefuly your carpet is it's proper colour still!

    By Blogger Hellbelle, at 11:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home