Up Knit Creek



Saturday, March 03, 2007

Not much knitting

going on at the Creek at present. I could show you a photo of seemingly endless acres of k2 p2 rib in black but it's not that photogenic really.
The reason for lack of knitting (and lack of blogging too) is that I often have the house to myself on Sundays and Wednesdays so they tend to be the days that I actually sit down in front of this little screen and start bashing the keys; last week was different though. We went to see "Hot Fuzz" on Sunday and the cinema just happens to be right next door to an outlet shopping area, so by the time I had watched and shopped I just didn't feel like blogging. Wednesday was OH's birthday so we went here for dinner. The food here is always very good and the service is spot-on too. Our little town doesn't have much to recommend it, but this place is an exception. Of course, when I got home, I was too stuffed to do anything except slump on the sofa and allow my digestive system to do its stuff without interruption.

The aforementioned acres of ribbing are destined to become a shrug for Bethany which she intends to wear for her school prom in June. Now Bethany is not usually one to grasp the concept of forward planning (i.e. GCSEs looming in just over two months, as yet there is no sign of a revision plan or study guide) but we have already got a two-thirds completed shrug and today we went shopping for the rest of the ingredients for her outfit.
Shoes have been bought (am I wise to let my little pumpkin wear 4-inch heels? What if she breaks her ankle? or worse?) and this pattern also came home with us, along with 4 metres of deep green dupion silk, 3.5 metres of lining fabric, a zip, and some rather pretty black lace with sequins. Guess what I'm going to be doing for the next few weekends?

1 Comments:

  • That dress is lovely...so classic! With practice a four inch heel is do-able. If I can pull it off, anyone can. Trust me on this. I lack anything resembling coordination! But some shoes are just too cute and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

    By Blogger Sheepish Annie, at 2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home